In order to minimize exposure and transmission opportunities for COVID-19, Some Place Like Home, Inc., has implemented additional infection control precautions in accordance with mandated state and federal regulations. As a result, no visitors (except for essential medical professionals) are allowed to enter any of the facilities at this time, until further notice. This social distancing is a key component to preventing the spread of the virus. We are encouraging families and loved ones to face-time with the residents until it is safe to allow them to visit again.
In addition, all Some Place Like Home staff are required to adhere to the strictest guidelines each day upon their arrival at Some Place Like Home for their scheduled shift, which includes:
- They must enter through the front door ONLY
- They must immediately put on a mask that must be worn the entire time they are in the facility and until the end of their shift.
- They must then have their temperature taken at the desk by the front door
- If their temperature is 100 degrees or above, if they have a chronic cough accompanied by shortness of breath, or if they have come into contact with anyone exhibiting these symptoms, they will be sent home and may not be allowed to return to work for at least 15 days depending on the results of a required medical evaluation
They must then complete the health questionnaire - DOWNLOAD HERE
- Upon completion of the questionnaire, they must immediately go to the employee restroom and wash their hands (and then apply hand sanitizer, if desired).
- Each time they enter or leave any room in the facility, they must immediately wash their hands (then apply hand sanitizer, if desired) and put on gloves. Each time they take their gloves off, they must immediately wash their hands (and then apply hand sanitizer, if desired), before putting on new gloves.
All staff are required to restrict themselves when they are not at work, which includes:
- Refrain from traveling on commercial vehicles (such as buses, planes, trains, etc…)
- Refrain from attending group gatherings of 10 or more people (the fewer the better)
- Practice social distancing. Social distancing means remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.
- Anyone who travels outside the Jacksonville area for any reason, may not be permitted to return to work for at least 15 days upon their return. If such travel occurs, they must report to their supervisor before returning to work.
We are in constant contact with local, state, and federal officials, as well as, hospital infection control directors, in order to stay current on the latest protocol advisement. Our goal is to ensure the safety and well-being of all of our residents, staff, and visitors. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this difficult time and look forward to returning to normal operations as soon as it is safe to do so.Sincerely, Barbara Y. Tidwell, President/CEO
Comfortable & Relaxing
Enjoy every day
Why Choose Us?
- Outstanding Reputation
- Truly Caring Staff
- Comfortable Home Environment
- Extra Special Care
- Individualized Services
Be Cared For At Some Place Like Home
Our Promise To You
Our mission is to provide professional quality healthcare services to senior citizens in a home-like setting.
By providing a refreshing alternative to nursing home care, we allow seniors to keep control of their destiny and approach aging with dignity. Every resident is treated like an individual, and given the respect they deserve.
This concept models the bed and breakfast approach to allow residents to feel as if they were in their own home. If you can't live alone, wouldn't you want to be Some Place Like Home?
Why we do it?
When our founder, Barbara Y. Tidwell, was a young girl, this was her dream.
Raised by her grandparents, Barbara developed a deep love and respect for seniors. Her dream was to have a place where she could return the love her grandparents had given her, and give them a safe, caring home in their later years. And, she did!
Each resident is treated like family, because anything less is disrespectful.
We welcome you to come by any of our residences to visit and see how we truly are "some place like home."
Join us for lunch, one of our special events, or just a regular day, and talk to our residents and staff to determine if Some Place Like Home is the right fit for you or your loved one.
If you would like to schedule a visit or consultation with us, please Contact Us and we will get back to you within 1 business day.